Hex 41 in field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex 41 in field

Hex 41 is "required space". I pretty sure that ctl-spacebar in the iSeries Access 5250 emulator is req'd space, so it could have been just a keying error. Then again I've got my keyboard tricked out nine ways to Sunday and I don't remember if this is the default or one of my customizations. Tom D.

Hex 41 in field

For PTFs, I use http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf....YDATE?OpenView To check my Group PTF levels, I use http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/sline003home

Comment

Hex 41 in field

Chris Ringer wrote: > Does anyone know how a X'41' can end up in a DDS DB2 file character > field? It's at the end of the field string and then has trailing > blanks (X'40's) after that. No one DBU'ed it in there. Users are not > likely going into HEX MODE and typing 41. And our journals don't go > back far enough to identify the program that put it in there. I'm > guessing this is some sort of a code page or language issue. Chris, Do you do uploaded ASCII data? If so, EBCDIC 41 is loaded from an ASCII A0 which is an accented a. á Bill

Comment

Hex 41 in field

Hi Bill, No uploads, but the user could copy/paste from a PC app to a green screen field, if that is relevant. Thanks. Chris

Comment

Hex 41 in field

Does anyone know how a X'41' can end up in a DDS DB2 file character field? It's at the end of the field string and then has trailing blanks (X'40's) after that. No one DBU'ed it in there. Users are not likely going into HEX MODE and typing 41. And our journals don't go back far enough to identify the program that put it in there. I'm guessing this is some sort of a code page or language issue. Also, what is the URL for searching PTF's? Thanks! Chris

Comment

Hex 41 in field

ASCII is a rather broad term once you go beyond 7-bit. In the case of ISO 8859-1 (CCSID 819) x'A0' is a required space and so a x'41' would be appropriate if the target is an EBCDIC CCSID such as 37. PC-Data Multilingual (CCSID 850) does have the accented a at x'A0' which should be converted to x'45' if converting to a CCSID such as 37. Your results suggest 850 data is being treated as 819 (or at least that 'something' along these lines is wrong).

Comment

Working...
            X