Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

Type WRKLNK, and press ENTER. Find the folder type a "5" to the left and press ENTER. Find the document, type a "9" to the left and press ENTER. Change *PUBLIC access to *RWX and *ALL. Dave

Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

I change authority to *RWX and *all to the documents and I have also the same authority to the folder but I still cant save the changes. Same message shows that Its read only. I tried to save to different name but its still dont work. It took me about an hour so I cancel it. The file was saved but its empty. I also tried to copy a file from my PC to IFS folder and it says the disk is full or write protected. I have done this before in V5.1 but I have problem in V5.3. Thanks for your help. TIKI

Comment

Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

How is the share defined? It could be read-only. I have noticed that sometimes when you make changes you need to stop/start Netserver and/or boot your PC for the changes to take effect. Consider using a folder outside QDLS (/home/...). Regards Jørn

Comment

Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

Not that you have the authority, but that *PUBLIC has the authority, or at least QUSER. When you try to edit the file using a windows program, the AS400 does not know that it is you doing the editing. Dave

Comment

Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

Unless you have a guest profile configured in Netserver, you *MUST* login (explicitly or implicitly) to use the IFS when accessing it through network neighborhood. So, yes, the iSeries knows what user profile is logged in. In fact, when you save the XLS document, your profile becomes the object owner. I think the deal with QDLS is that you must also set the authorities with WRKFLR, and the user needs to be enrolled in the directory (WRKDIRE). Chris

Comment

Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

I created a folder in QDLS, copy a database file in .CSV format and opened in Excel Spreadsheet, changed some data and tried to save it but I got the error the data was read only. I went to CA Ops Nav and look at the file properties and it was not read only. I checked also the folder properties and its not read only. I have all the authority in this folder. I can change this on the AS/400 IFS but not on EXCEL. Does anybody know what I am missing here. TIA, TIKI

Comment

Edit IFS data in EXCEL.

I just figure out what I am missing, in Ops Nav, I went to File System, then File Shares. On QDLS, I set the property to Read/Write and it work. It was set up to Read only. Thanks everybody for your help. TIA

Comment

Working...
              X