Problem using STRQMQRY from EXCSQLSTM tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem using STRQMQRY from EXCSQLSTM tool

Did you use STRQM to build the query first. It has an "SQL" mode that aloows you to create queries using an SQL syntax. IF you already did that, can you give us the exact syntax of your command that is failing? Happy Thanksgiving!

No I did not use STRQM since I do not have this feature installed. I used CRTQMQRY to create it. To be able to test without the EXCSQLSTM, but using STRQMQRY manually (and make sure the problem is not EXCSQLSTM), I create a second QMQRY object which source only contain &S01&S02 parameters. Then I try to run it manually (without using EXCSQLSTM) by the STRQMQRY as follow : STRQMQRY QMQRY(LSY/GENQRYTST) NAMING(*SQL) SETVAR((S01 'select * from dgdta45.custcn') (S02 ' ') Then I receive the following : Message . . . . : Application error. MCH0601 unmonitored by QQXSQL at statement *N, instruction X'07DE'. Thanks for your help guys, Luc

Comment

Hi all, I am returning in the wonderfull world of AS/400 (I have been on AS/400 for 9 years from 1991 to 2000) after a 4 years in the PL/SQL, Oracle and .NET environment. Thus, I am trying to get back on track as fast as I can Now, having been on an Oracle and PL/SQL for the past years, I would prefer using SQL commands than Query/400 since it is more efficient and a lot faster. I downloaded and compiled the EXCSQLSTM tool. BUT, I can not make STRQMQRY work. Every time I try to use STRQMQRY with the *QMQRY object only containing parameters, I receive MCH0601 error message from 'QQXSQL'. I am running V5R1. Thanks for your help guys ! Luc

Comment

Luc, I think the STRQMQRY command expect quoted parms, as they are character fields. Thus: STRQMQRY QMQRY(LSY/GENQRYTST) NAMING(*SQL) SETVAR((S01 '''select * from dgdta45.custcn''') (S02 ''' ''') It actualy needs 3 single quotes for character parms. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Comment

Working...
        X