convert SQL table to DB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert SQL table to DB2

TTBOMK SQL tables may easily be converted into CSV files, or even spreadsheets. From there it is a simple matter of using the CA upload facility. The other alternative is to FTP the data into a similarly predefined DB2 table. Dave

convert SQL table to DB2

You can use the BCP.EXE utility within Sequel Server to perform a bulk copy out of the SQL tables into a csv or tab delimited file, then upload it as David mentioned using iSeries Access. If you want an interactive option to extract data through an "ODBC" type connection, look for something called DRDA which is IBM Dynamic Remote Data Access tool. I believe you will find it within their Data Propagator, or DB2 Connect products. If you install that on your PC server, the iSeries can send SQL statements to it. Good luck!

Comment

convert SQL table to DB2

We have SQL tables being updated by users. We need to get a table from the sequel server to the AS/400 every day. Can someone enlighten me on how to do this? How would I pull a SQL table into DB2? Thanks a bunch.........

Comment

convert SQL table to DB2

You could also do a JDBC connection. (Yes Java). Search the net for some sample code. Also this would allow you to connect to other sources (assuming you have a JDBC driver for the database) ... or this...?? http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/.6b2030a3!more=1#more

Comment

Working...
        X