UserDefined function & Service Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UserDefined function & Service Program

Hi, I created a module which accepts one parameter and returns a value back. I then created a *SRVPGM from this module. After this I created a External User defined function and gives the name of the service program as external program. When i tries to call this function it gives me an error message saying my external program (which is *SRVPGM) with type *PGM was not found. Shall I have to create a *PGM too? Please Guide

UserDefined function & Service Program

Shafiq Muhammad wrote: > I created a module which accepts one parameter and returns a value > back. I then created a *SRVPGM from this module. After this I created > a External User defined function and gives the name of the service > program as external program. When i tries to call this function it > gives me an error message saying my external program (which is > *SRVPGM) with type *PGM was not found. Shall I have to create a *PGM > too? Please Guide No. The problem most everyone runs into when creating their first UDF is assuming that a character field parameter that may be filled with a literal is a straight character field parameter. In a UDF where a literal may be used for a character parameter, the parameter must be defined as varying in both the SQL and Module sides. Bill

Comment

Working...
    X