Cannot access file on the IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access file on the IFS

Type WRKLNK and drill down to the file. Type a "9" next to the file, and press ENTER. If *PUBLIC does not have *RWX and *ALL authorities to the file, you may be locked out. Within CL you can use the CHGDOCD command to set *PUBLIC authority. Dave

If the file is in the root file system '/', then I believe you need to use the CHGAUT CL command to grant authority to user or *PUBLIC.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, when i drill down to the file in question there are no authorities set. However everybody else in the company can run this program and no error will appear it is only one user. do not understand how everybody else can access this file if there are no authorities set on it.

Comment

Hi I have a file sitting on a folder in the IFS. This folder has no authorisations on it. I have a program that accesses a file within that folder, i now have the problem where one user cannot access this file (not sure if they ever could), i know they cant access because in program i have a dsplnk and i monitor for the file not found message. All the other users can access this file. I am sure this is an authority issue but cannot see how as there is no autority on the folder or file. Thanks for your help

Comment

I should also add to previous post that the folder which holds this file, is a link to our file server. This may make a difference?? it is the only folder which has no authorisations on our AS400

Comment

Working...
          X