CLRPFM with a 2 membered large file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLRPFM with a 2 membered large file

Are there logical views over that file/member?

Yes, there are severel logical files over both members, even I have a logical file which accesses both members.

Comment

My guess is that the system maint. on the logicals is why it takes so long.

Comment

It is the maintenance of the logical that accesses both members that is the problem. When one member is cleared the access path has to be rebuilt. Clearing the small member leaves a 50,000,000 record rebuild.

Comment

I have a file with 2 members: one is small (about 500.000 records) the other one is huge (over 50.000.000 records, the size is over 35 GB). When I use CLRPFM command to clear the small member, it takes a lot of time (45 minutes) to complete. The same CLRPFM over the small member performs fast if the other member is also small or empty. Has anybody experienced a similar issue? Is there any solution or workaround?

Comment

Change the logical file that accesses both members to MAINT(*DLY) or MAINT(*REBLD) to delay the access path maintenance until the next time the logical file is opened.

Comment

Working...
            X