HOW TO RENAME A RECORD FORMAT USING CL COMMAND NOT INSIDE RPG OR COBOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO RENAME A RECORD FORMAT USING CL COMMAND NOT INSIDE RPG OR COBOL

hello... any suggestions ? thanks in advance ...

TonyT wrote: > WHAT IS THE CL COMMAND TO RENAME A PHYSICAL FILE RECORD FORMAT IF > ANY? THANKS IN ADVANCE. Tony, I'm not sure from which aspect you are asking this. Are you wanting to rename a physical file's format name? Or Are you wanting to rename a format name like is required in RPG due to either another file having the same name or the format name is the same as the file name? If the first, I'd imagine all that was required would be to change the name in the DDS source and ChgPFM to update the file. I've never tried this, so try it on a copy of the data. Bill

Comment

The command to rename the physical file is RNMOBJ. The command to rename a file member is RNMM. The command to rename a physical file format name is CHGPF after source manipulation. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to change a format name without also changing the source code, or SQL. Dave

Comment

ALL- WHAT IS THE CL COMMAND TO RENAME A PHYSICAL FILE RECORD FORMAT IF ANY? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Comment

There is no single command to rename the format but you can create the file with the name of the desired record format and then rename the file (ie. CRTPF XXX - RNMOBJ XXX *FILE YYY) Regards Jørn

Comment

Working...
          X