FTP to IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP to IFS

Does anybody here tried and successfully FTP .CSV file from NT or Unix server to IFS. Were in i5 R5V4M0. Any help will be appreciated Thanks TIKI

FTP to IFS

Well, I guest this is not possible, the Get command only allow to put data into a PF. Anyway I will just asked the third party customer to change the data into Text format.

Comment

FTP to IFS

From the pc, ftp to the 400. Then issue the commands in the code box.... HTH, Joe
      Code

Comment

FTP to IFS

I can FTP from my PC, I have a FTP script and it worked fine but I have batch program on the AS/400 that uses FTP script, list and get all the .CSV data on the NT server and ftp to the IFS. But I cannot put it into the IFS and convert it to PF using cpyfrmimpf command. Get only allows to put it only on Libary/file.mbr not 'QDLS/Folder/File.CSV' Thanks, TIKI

Comment

FTP to IFS

That is where the "na 1" command comes in. It allows you to use the ifs. Joe

Comment

FTP to IFS

I tried it and it worked. Thanks a lot,

Comment

FTP to IFS

I am at the peak of developing batch FTP, in and out, so am interested in all such communications. I have been using 'namefmt 1'. Is this the same as your 'na 1'?

Comment

FTP to IFS

Start up FTP interactively, then type HELP and hit ENTER. The FTP commands are listed. The command may be abbreviated by just typing the first few characters that are CAPITALIZED as in NAmefmt. I don't like the abbreviations actually. Typing the full command name helps to make the script more self documenting. Actually, your post proves this... Regards, Chris

Comment

FTP to IFS

I can ftp csv file and put it on IFS on the PC using the script using the Put command but I cant do it on CL. How to ftp .CSV directly to IFS folder using the CL command or even on the AS/400 FTP command line. Anybody knows the syntax. Any help will be appreciated.
                  Code

Comment

FTP to IFS

I know as developers that we should always build it ourselves, but sometimes 3rd party products can be a lifesaver. We utilize the Alliance FTP Manager product from Townsend & Assoc. This product has all kinds of FTP capabilities from auto scanning libraries or IFS folders, PGP encryption, EBCDIC to ASCII conversions, etc. Something to look at if your FTP requirements are growing faster than you can keep up. Highly recommend.

Comment

You may also want to check out GoAnywhere Director from Linoma Software at www.GoAnywhereMFT.com . It supports automation of FTP transfers, as well as support for the secure FTP protocols of SCP, SFTP and FTPS. There are a lot of advanced features in GoAnywhere Director including key management, auto-resume, file monitors, EBCDIC to ASCII conversion, audit logging for compliance reporting, etc. All transfers and encryption processes in GoAnywhere Director can be run either through the GoAnywhere scheduler or from your CL and RPG programs. A free trial is available on Linoma's web site.

Comment

Working...
                      X