provider = IBMA400 in VBA problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• provider = IBMA400 in VBA problem

You will need the ODBC and OLEDB drivers from iSeries access installed (not iSeries access itself). These can be installed independent of the rest of the application. They will also need a configured data source - which you can create with the ODBC admin tool. Did that clear it up? Anyone have a better idea?

where can one find the ODBC drivers?

Comment

I am using the following connection string in VBA and it works great on my PC. Con.Open "PROVIDER=IBMDA400;DATA SOURCE=xx.xx.xx.xx; USER ID=; PASSWORD= aa;" I have iSeries access for Windows V5R2 installed on the machine. If I want to write excel spreadsheets for another user that uses this VBA program , must they have iSeries access for Windows installed on their PC?

Comment

Are on the same CD as iseries Access - when you go through a selective install you can pick what components to install - teh LDBC/OLEDB drivers are one among teh available components.

Comment

kforsythe wrote: > Are on the same CD as iseries Access - when you go through a > selective install you can pick what components to install - teh > LDBC/OLEDB drivers are one among teh available components. Actually, you don't even need the CD. You can access the equivalent of the CD by navigating to: \iseriesnameqebmproddataca400expressinstallimagese tup.exe Where iseriesname is the network name of your iseries. This is the mapping for our V5R2 machine and should be valid for most of the recent releases. Bill

Comment

Working...
          X