Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the attributes of printer file qpqxprtf (qm query)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the attributes of printer file qpqxprtf (qm query)

Just one way, but you can avoid needing an override most of the time. Unless your shop explicitly excludes changing IBM shipped objects...

I use Query Manager queries as a quick and very convenient SQL and reporting tool. One slight issue I am having with the product is the lack of an option to dynamically change the width of printed form (the capability Query/400 provides). I have not found a better work around than to issue an override to printer file QPQXPRTF before running the query either interactively or from a CL program. That still does not solve my problem when I am to run my query with a specified form width in batch. As a result, the output comes sliced into two or more parts vertically once its width exceeds 80 characters (the default page width of file QPQXPRTF). I still feel I may be missing something since the problem is so obvious it could not have been overlooked by QM product designers. I will appreciate your tips.

Comment

Sure, CHGPRTF would be a lesser hassle if one could come up with a width that would satisfy everybody. Another possible workaround would be an application wrapper around STRQMQRY command to make the system submit a batch job with a printer file override issued immediately before starting the query. I have written such a thing to bundle STRQMQRY with an MMAIL e-mail generator and Gary Guthrie's output queue monitor with a DREAM Writer front end (we are a JD Edwards shop). A processing option instructs the server to override the printer file to the specified width. It's all good, but I was wondering if I was actually overlooking a system provided solution. Apparently not...

Comment

Working...
      X