DB2 and trying to zip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB2 and trying to zip

You may be getting "path not found" because the target path does not begin with a slash. DSPCURDIR to see where you are, CHGCURDIR to change. /CF/HOME/BDGCUST.ZIP -- absolute path CF/HOME/BDGCUST.ZIP -- relative path from current directory I've used AJAR instead, but not on iSeries physical files. I fiddled around with it a while and was not able to directly zip PFs (weird error messages) but was able to do so with a savefile. Here's what I did: CRTSAVF MyLib/SaveFile SAVOBJ whatever DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(MyLib/SaveFile) qsh cmd('ajar -c /CF/HOME/BDGCUST.ZIP /qsys.lib/MyLib.lib/SaveFile.file') I tried zipping to a PF or savefile without success.

DB2 and trying to zip

There are some new data compression options available in V5R3 when you save to a save file. I lost my data, but I did some trials where I saved using all the options for data compression: *NO, *YES, *LOW, *MEDIUM, *HIGH; and took the result, downloaded to my PC and zipped it up. The amount of further compression performed by zip was great orders of magnitude smaller on *HIGH than it was on *YES.

Comment

DB2 and trying to zip

By 'lost my data', I meant that the actual percentages of compression performed.

Comment

DB2 and trying to zip

I think you need to put a dash (-) in front of your options (cf) for the jar command, otherwise it won't know that CF is an option statement and mistake it for a file name. Hence the Path Not Found message. Also I belive options are case sensitive. A uppercase C could have a different meaining then a lowewcase c. Try it like this: jar -cf /QSYS.LIB/QS36F.LIB/BDGCUST.FILE/BDGCUST.ZIP /QSYS.LIB/QS36F.LIB/BDGCUST.FILE/BDGCUST.MBR.

Comment

DB2 and trying to zip

Can someone give me a command that will zip db2 files. I'm attempting to do this in qshell using the following command JAR CF /QSYS.LIB/QS36F.LIB/BDGCUST.FILE/BDGCUST.ZIP /QSYS.LIB/QS36F.LIB/BDGCUST.FILE/BDGCUST.MBR ALSO TRIED JAR CF/HOME/BDGCUST.ZIP /QSYS.LIB/QS36F.LIB/BDGCUST.FILE/BDGCUST.MBR I keep getting path not found.

Comment

DB2 and trying to zip

There is no such thing as a "ZIP" object in the QSYS file system. Do a "GO CMDZIP" on a command line and you'll get nothing. Try zipping the DB2 file and put the jar on the root system IFS. Then you can specify NAMEFMT 1 in your FTP commands to specify the root system path to the IFS jar file. jar -cvf /folder/myzip.jar /QSYS.LIB/QS36F.LIB/BDGCUST.FILE/BDGCUST.MBR NAMEFMT 1 Put /folder/myzip.jar /target/system/folder/file Chris

Comment

Working...
            X