Mail Server requires authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Server requires authentication

Mark, It sounds as if you need an extra routing step. Use the ADDTCPHTE command and use the IP address of the new server. You may see an immediate difference. Dave

I already had that set to the new IP address and it still is giving me the bounce back error. The new mail server I set up requires authentication for outgoing messages because of relay reasons, how do I set that on my AS/400 settings?

Comment

I am trying to send mail from our AS/400. This worked for a couple of years until we changed mail servers. Our old mail server required a username of jsmith@mydomain.com. This was set up under Change Names for SMTP, jsmith was the SMTP User ID, and mydomain.com was the SMTP domain. Now our new server requires a username of jsmith@mydomain (without the .com at the end). If I change the SMTP domain to mydomain, the email goes out, but they reply to is "jsmith@mydomain" and some servers wont accept that. Also, I get a bounce back message reading the following:
      Code

Comment

For the purposes of the forum I will show how I fixed this. It was not in my AS/400 setup at all. I had to go into my mail server setup. I naturally had all relaying turned off. I had to tell my mail server that it was ok to relay mail from ip address 192.168.5.88 (my as/400). That took care of it. Thanks for your help, David.

Comment

Working...
        X