X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    Disabling browser right mouse and hot keys

Of course, just by visiting their web site, you're already saving their images to the browser cache on your hard drive.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

To disable I.E. and Netscape browsers right mouse and hot keys (refresh, view source, etc.) please check out Easy400 page http://www-922.ibm.com/cgidev2o/faq29.htm

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied

In IE6 (I think that's what I got at home), when a graphic is displayed the 'Save As' icon is displayed over the picture, encouraging you to save the picture. I think I'll go over to microsoft.com and save all their images to my hard drive

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

BTW, doing a Google search can turn up a wealth of good information on CGI programming. For me, a search turned up a few good related articles on this topic: Don't Disable Right Click! Hide source how to make right clicking not work on my website

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic Disabling browser right mouse and hot keys

Of course, doing so tends to annoy people more than anything. It will also disable useful functionality like paging forwards and backwards through the web site. Some people think that disabling the right mouse key protects images and HTML/JavaScript source, but for some things the functionality still can be accessed from the menu bar. If you think it protects images from being saved, think again. Don't forget that the image has already been cached on your workstation, and can always be retrieved from there. Or alternatively, JavaScript can be disabled in any good browser. Even if there were some magical way through coding to protect the images, a user could always use a screen capture utility as a last resort. Bottom line - disabling the right mouse button is simply a nuisance to both honest and dishonest users. Cheers! Hans
Working...
X