Return Internet Address using SMTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return Internet Address using SMTP

From the 'Change Directory Entry' screen on the WRKDIRE command, press F19 - 'F19=Change name for SMTP'. You will then see 'SMTP user ID' and 'SMTP domain'. Where the first is the part before the '@' and the second after it. HTH, Joe

Our company like many others is integrating WORKFLOW technology into our current systems. I Thank You and my Users Thank You. Have a great day.

Comment

I have also setup our ISERIES to send EMAIL to MS Outlook and it worked fine, We could send email from ISERIES but the users unable to reply to it. I did the same thing as configuring the Directory Entry and put the SMTP user and Domain, but everytime they reply to the message they got this Error. Is this something to do with MS Exchange Server? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. From: System Administrator To: username@mydomain.com Subject: Undeliverable Subject: RE: OPNORD06.CSV Sent: 6/16/2003 11:08 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: USERNAME@MYDOMAIN.COM on 6/16/2003 11:09 AM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=SYSTEM1;l=MAIL-030616150822Z-4581 MSEXCH:IMS:SYSTEM1:MYDOMAIN.COM:MAIL 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown Any help will be appreciated: TIA Sky

Comment

I do not know. However, I will ask this - Is your system name and MYDOMAIN the same? I ask because I have heard of another company having problems receiving mail sent from the iSeries to their domain name when the domain name and iSeries were named the same......... Joe

Comment

Domain and System name, not the same. The POP TCP Server was also started.

Comment

I am afraid I do not have a clue!

Comment

I have been sending emails from the AS/400 to Outlook for some time. The problem I have now is no one can REPLY to these emails. I have been playing around with the parameters on the command SNDDST to find how you can change the FROM internet address? When it sends the email it attaches the system name to the FROM address. What I would like to do is send the email from the AS/400, then allow the recipient to REPLY to the senders OUTLOOK email address. You would think they have a parameter for TO internet address, they must have a way of entering FROM internet address? It sure sounds simple. Thank You and have a great day.
              Code

Comment

Just my .001 cent worth: Maybe the IP address for your MYDOMAIN.COM host name is not defined to your MS Exchange Server.

Comment

Working...
                X