Something screwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something screwy

Those symptoms sound like you may have had the MS Blaster virus on your PC.

Something screwy

Thanks Mike I will have to check further into that. If I do have or did have the virsus how do I make sure it is gone?

Comment

Something screwy

It is possible your ISP was doing maintenance on that day. Are you running currently? Dave

Comment

Something screwy

Yes, I am up and running and everything seems fine. I don't think it was ISP due to the fact that my sister has the same ISP and she wasn't affected at all. They are kind of dodgy though so may be it was something they were doing. Something else worth mentioning is some how all my fonts got changed as well.

Comment

Something screwy

I went to use my home internet last night and everything worked fine but I couldn't get any link to come up. My home page is set to MSN.com and it came up just fine but I couldn't read any articles or go out to ESPN.com from there. I tried a few other sites and same result. The whole time I was talking to my sister over instant messenger. I tried rebooting several times, I shut totally down several times as well. I shut off every thing else that was running all to no avail. Finally I restored my system back to Saturday and it worked fine. I didn't install or change any thing other then changing the name of the mail server in Outlook. Any ideas what happened? thanks for any help that you can offer. Jared

Comment

Something screwy

check Microsofts site for the security update. I think you do a search for a file named MSBLAST.exe. I had this virus on my system a few weeks back and I was having very similar symptoms to what you describe. You can also download free antivirus software from http://www.avg.com/ Mike

Comment

Working...
            X