Slow email sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow email sending

Do you have to have special software, (I presume another licensed program for $$$) in order to send email directly from the AS/400 ?? I would REALLY like to be able to send an email from the AS/400 to some of our local folks when we have orders fail, etc.

Slow email sending

It's all built into OS/400. I've had ours setup for quite awhile using the instructions from IBM's knowledgebase. Here is the link if you want to try it: Configuring OS/400 SMTP Now if I can just get the emails to send quicker, I'll make a lot of people happy.

Comment

Slow email sending

I'm using the AS/400 SMTP server to send me notification messages via the SNDDST command. However, I've noticed that if several messages are sent at about the same time, it takes 4-5 minutes between each message. For instance, all messages are sent at 12:05. I receive the first one at 12:10, the second one at 12:15, and the third one at 12:20. It's like the SMTP server sends a message, waits 5 minutes before it sends the next message in the queue. Why doesn't it send them one right after the other? Has anybody else seen this weirdness? And what is the solution? I'm routing the email through our local Exchange server and the network guy says Exchange is sending them as soon as it gets them. Thanks!

Comment

Slow email sending

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X