Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email (SNDDST) works But not to the outside world ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email (SNDDST) works But not to the outside world ??

It sounds as you are doing things corerctly. You may have to get your ISP to run a trace on the mail to see where it is being stopped. Dave

It's also possible that you mail server may not allow forwarding of SMTP messages. On Exchange server that can be overriden to allow messages to be forwarded from your iSeries based on its IP address. (This setting is found under routing restrictions in the Exchange Admin.)

Comment

Our iSeries has LPAR, one for DEV and the other for PROD. I can send email from DEV to Outlook and it worked fine, but when I tried to moved the program to PRODUCTION, the email doesnt go to the OUTLOOK. It seems that the AS/400 configuration were the same and the message shows 'Send Distribution was successful'. What will be the possible reason why it doesnt go to MS Exchange server on Production Side. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA TIKI

Comment

Mike, I we use Lotus Notes as our mail system. In the directory entry (WRKDIRE), on about the 3rd screen down, it has an option for "MAIL SERVICE LEVEL" & one of the values is for "Lotus Domino". It also has an option for "PREFERRED MAIL ADDRESS". Ya think anyof these'd help since I know my mail server is Lotus Notes, albeit somewhere else on the corporate WAN. Thanks for the help. Martin

Comment

Have you tried resetting the servers? I usually have to do this now and then to get things going.
          Code:
           /* End */ ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*SMTP) ENDMSF /* Cleans out old messages */ CRTDTAARA DTAARA(QUSRSYS/QTMSCLEAN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) + VALUE('c') AUT(*ALL) /* Start */ STRTCPSVR SERVER(*SMTP) STRMSF
          Then send a message.

Comment

Is there anyway to receive attachments if you do not have OfficeVision/400 ?

Comment

Hi mcarpenter We seems to have the same problem. I'm using Lotus Notes 4.6. My OS400 is V4R4. Except that I've manage to send the mail to my yahoo mail account. BUT the mail send was an indication that the mail cannot support some MIME setting (which I have no idea what that is!). Until now, I haven't got the solution to this problem. (You can refer attachment) Regards Araman Amru (araman@jvm.com.my / araman_amru@yahoo.com)

ShowLetter.htm

Comment

Where did you put your xxx.CSV? (should be in QDLS) What is your parameter setting for SNDDST? Regards Araman

Comment

Where did you put your xxx.CSV? (should be in QDLS) What is your parameter setting for SNDDST? Regards Araman (send your mail to araman@jvm.com.my)

Comment

SNDDST is a function of the SMTP server, not Office Vision. When you create yor directory entry (WRKDIRE or ADDDIRE) press F19 for the input of domain info. Once that has been done, you can receive mail through MS Outlook, or any other email program. Dave

Comment

MY DOCUMENTS WAS IN QDLS. ATTACHED CL CODE, BY THE WAY THIS WORKED ON OUR DEVT BOX. THANKS TIKI
                      Code

Comment

Dave, I was actually wanting to receive/detach a text file attachment to the IFS or /QDLS & process it from a batch job on the AS400 using CPYFRMSTMF.... Martin

Comment

Can you send me how to setup parm for SNDDST? Thanks TIKI

Comment

I finally went through the TCPIP configuration manual & got SNDDST command to send me an email from the AS/400 to my work email: AS400 & email server are all within the corporate firewall. However, if I try & send an email to me personal email at AOL, I never get it. My setup for SMTP is pretty much all the defaults, the only things I had to configure when I got this working was 1) Directory entry (WRKDIRE) for my userid pointed to System name/Group: TCPIP. 2) An SMTP Alias name for the directory entry in (1) above: WRKNAMSMTP, chose 1 for System Alias table & added an entry for the directory entry from (1) above & specified SMTP userid of MYUSERID SMTP domain of MYDOMAIN. Then whenever I do a SNDDST of type *MSG or *LMSG to that email, it works ! HOWEVER, It does not work when I try to send an email to the outside world, like to my personal email account at AOL.COM: that is, point the an SMTP alias that specifies an SMTP domain outside the corporate firewall: SMTP Userid: mypersonalid SMTP domain: mypersonalispdomain I've tried setting the MAILROUTER (w/ FIREWALL(*YES)) on the CHGSMTPA command to various servers that I believe are the SMTP mail router for my network but I haven't had any luck. No matter what I've specifed for MAILROUTER, my SNDDST still comes to my local (inside the firewall) company email address. Any ideas on where to look ? Perhaps I'll have to use the SMTP Route instead of SMTP Userid/domainname in the alias table & specify the specific mail route ? Thanks Martin

Comment

Don't know if this is something you'd be interested in or not, but if you want yet another alternative to sending email from the iSeries from your custom RPG, COBOL and CL applications... you could use the iSeries PC-Engine by TurboGorilla to do it. It'll use the user's own installed PC-based email client such as OUTLOOK, to send email from the iSeries. You can download a full function trial version at: http://www.turbogorilla-software.com HTH

Comment

Working...
                              X