sql2xls - then using sndemail command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sql2xls - then using sndemail command

There is a set of IFS tools from IBM that will allow you to change the CCSID of a stream file: ftp://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/as400...s/ifstool.savf Terry

The CHGATR command also lets you change the CCSID. Not sure what release it first appeared in.

Comment

The chgatr did change the CCSID- but the data was still EBCDID. I believe the SNDEMAILR pgm has to be changed. It is expecting an EBCDIC file, but the SQL2XLS created an ASCII file in the IFS. There are 3 fields D O_TEXTDATA S 10I 0 INZ(16777216) D O_CODEPAGE S 10I 0 INZ(8388608) and D AsciiCodePage S 10U 0 INZ(819) I think these paramteres deal with creating an ASCII file and converting the data from EBCDIC to ASCII. Since the data is already in ASCII, all I want to do is just move the data over, no conversion. Russ

Comment

I believe the sql2xls creates an ASCII file in the IFS. I think the sndemail command is expecting EBCDIC and is looking to convert it to ASCII. Thats why when you get the email, you get garbage data in the spreadsheet. I think I need to change the CCSID code somewhere but not sure which pgm I should change the sql2xls or the sndemail. Any one have any ideas. Russ

Comment

Working...
        X