Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 74
Upload question - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upload question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload question

The downloaded code unzipped to folder Air_Code-v3. What is the best way to upload the source code members to AIRLIB/AIRSRC?

Thank you.

Upload question

Hi George,

There is a mix of different source file types in the zip file. So, I prefixed the DDS files with "DDS_" and the RPGLE files with "RPGLE_". I also wanted to make them easy to reference when looking for specific functionality, so I put human friendly text with the file names as well. So, the RPG Java Hello World source is called "RPGLE_air05_01_Java_RPG_Hello.txt"

The file also includes other resources, such as Java source code, JavaDocs, Excel Template and Images.

To upload the source files, I would use FTP and rename them during the transfer to removed the leading and trailing text around the file name. So, if I were uploading "RPGLE_air05_01_Java_RPG_Hello.txt" to AIRLIB/AIRSRC,AIR05_01, I would:

• Open a DOS prompt or Linux Command Window

• Start an FTP Session using ftp ftp.example.com (Replacing ftp.example.com with your IBM i address)

• Change to ASCII mode using asc

• Change Directory to AIRLIB using cd /QSYS.LIB/AIRLIB.LIB

• Change Directory to AIRSRC using cd AIRSRC.FILE

• Upload the ASCII text file into the Source Member using put RPGLE_air05_01_Java_RPG_Hello.txt AIR05_01.mbr

• Signoff using quit

I hope you enjoy the book and have fun with the code!

Thanks,
    Tom
    Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Upload question

Hi Tom,
      That worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick reply.

George

Comment

Another option would be to use the free RPG Next Gen editor, found here: http://www.rpgnextgen.com/

I don't use it for production work, but it's very handy for reading in text-based source and then writing it to a source member on your system.

Comment

Working...
        X