Missing Attachments in AIR14_03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Attachments in AIR14_03

I wasn't sure if I should use a reply to my previous post, or create a new thread.
    However I thought that this is a new problem that others may need to be aware of if they peruse the list.

I have been receiving the email but not the attachments from AIR14_03.
    I happened to be watching the Outlook inbox imemdiately after running the program on the iSeries, and noticed that the attachment icon appeared as soon as the email appeared in the Inbox, but then immediately disappeared! The email ultimately ended up without the attachments.

To cut a long story short I sniffed round the 'net and found a reference to similar occurrences of missing attachments and the advice was to forward the email to another destination. I did just that by forwarding the email to my hotmail account, and lo & behold, there were the attachments!

I changed the code to make the recipient my hotmail account and everything appeared.

I still don't know what it is about Outlook and was wondering if there might be a setting that needs amendment.
    This is a long shot, but the fact that the sender and the recipient are the same wouldn't have anything to do with it?

Unfortunately I've lost the link to the site where I got the clue about Outlook.

I tried other attachment types and they all worked.

For other's benefit, here is the link to a comprhensive list of extensions and Mime types (http://www.w3schools.com/media/media_mimeref.asp).

Is anyone else aware of this limitation with Outlook and is there a solution?

Thanks.

To test out your sender = recipient theory, could you send the email to another internal email address and see if that works?

Could you send me the code you are using? Maybe we could tweak some settings to see if we could get the results you are looking for. You can find my email on my profile http://www.mcpressonline.com/novembe...s.html?Itemid=

I wonder if we change the name of the attachment, if that will work. The distributed code uses the path to the file, we could change that.

Comment

Here is a link that I found explaining the outlook issue in more detail.
      A few months ago, I received a phone call from one of our college IT administrators inquiring about emails with missing attachments. At firs...

By changing the following line of code in source member AIR14_03, I was able to get the attachments to show up.

ORIGINAL:
      airMultipart = new_MimeMultipart(new_string('related'));
      NEW:
      airMultipart = new_MimeMultipart(new_string('mixed'));

If anyone has any alternate suggestions, please post them.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

Working...
      X