Forum Flat View all messed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Flat View all messed up...

I'm having trouble getting the flat view of a forum thread to behave (I prefer flat view so I can see the entire thread at a glance, rather than constantly clicking and back-buttoning from the thread view). The messages in the flat view seem to be in no order. The original post of the thread is often in the middle somewhere. It is impossible to follow the thread. Flat view is useless. It makes the forum useless for me. Am I the only one having this issue? I've tried setting my Forum preferences, particularly the Forum Ordering, but it's not clear if that refers to ordering the threads in a forum, or the messages in a thread. Since it made no difference to my messed up Flat View, I assume its the former. How do I correct my Flat View? I want to see the messages in a thread from oldest (the original post) to newest, not some seemimgly random order.

Re:Forum Flat View all messed up...

Doug, Can you give me an example of this so I can debug it?

Comment

One example you can look at is this thread right here. When I looked at this thread initially, my post preceded your post. Then, I went to get an example, then I came back to this thread. This time, your post preceded mine. The example I found is on the RPG board, with the thread "Generating report in PDF format from RPG" I pulled up the thread, and it seems to be in descending message number order - but the initial post, #90636, is out of order, and shows up for me as the third message shown. Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

FWIW the flat view is working just fine for me.

Comment

Duh!! Just noticed the last post was nearly a year ago. /me slaps forehead and promises to check the thread dates before posting in future

Comment

Working...
          X