CA 5.1 and XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA 5.1 and XP

The HOSTS file is not where you might expect it to be. Do a search for the existing HOSTS.SAM file before placing a HOSTS file in the C:windows directory. Dave

CA 5.1 and XP

David Abramowitz wrote: > The HOSTS file is not where you might expect it to be. Do a search > for the existing HOSTS.SAM file before placing a HOSTS file in the > C:windows directory. I believe that in XP, it replicates NT and W2K's logic of using the LMHOSTS file and the folder name is %windows%system32driversetc . Bill

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

Bill Goodland wrote: > Are there any issues with CA 5.1 and XP (home edition). We have the > 1st PC with XP we are trying to get going. > > Problems so far: > 1. getting prompted for a password every time. (windows ID/password > is the same). (Is it case sensitive?) > 2. Operation Navigator doen't work. It starts to go and then goes > back to the desk top. Have you applied the latest Service Pack? I believe you'll have greater success with XP once it's applied. Bill

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

The host table seems OK. I can map a drive, do 5250 emulation and uploads and downloads. OPS. Navagator doesn't work and I have the "password prompt" issue. BILL

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

Thanks, I just downloaded and applied service pack SI08389 and now OPS. Navagator is working. Now I just have the "password prompt" issue and I think thats because the windows USER ID is lower case.

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

Bill Goodland wrote: > Now I just have the "password prompt" issue and I think thats because > the windows USER ID is lower case. I doubt it, since User ID's are not case sensitive. The likely culprit is in how the connection was configured. Start Operations Navigator, right-click on the appropriate connection and select Properties. Click on the Connection tab and make sure that the "Use Windows user name and password, no prompting" is selected. You likely have the "Use default user ID, prompt as needed" option selected. Bill

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

Are there any issues with CA 5.1 and XP (home edition). We have the 1st PC with XP we are trying to get going. Problems so far: 1. getting prompted for a password every time. (windows ID/password is the same). (Is it case sensitive?) 2. Operation Navigator doen't work. It starts to go and then goes back to the desk top. Iseries is on 5.1 Thanks in advance, BILL

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

I tryed that. The only problem is that the default XP user ID (without a password) comes up as a default on AS400 connections. CA was probably originally using that ID. How do I change this?

Comment

CA 5.1 and XP

Bill Goodland wrote: > I tryed that. The only problem is that the default XP user ID > (without a password) comes up as a default on AS400 connections. CA > was probably originally using that ID. How do I change this? Hmm, the procedure I wrote -IS- how you change the connections properties. I think I'm now lost. Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X