TechTip: Display Colors in a 5250 Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Display Colors in a 5250 Session **
    I have read everyone's post and everyone made sense. I am not here to tell you whether to use WDSC or SEU. I am here just to bring in an additional option of what you can add within SEU. This code has been available in my website for quite some time and I thought I should share this or make it aware that it is available for download. This is a 2 part code: The first part is your driver program, SEUCOLOR. This is added into your Exit Program QIBM_QSU_LCMD. To add this, type in WRKREGINF (Work with Registration Information) command. Scroll down until you find QIBM_QSU_LCMD, and then on the exit program - add SEUCOLOR. or simply type in the command: ADDEXITPGM EXITPNT(QIBM_QSU_LCMD) FORMAT(EXTP0100) PGMNBR(*LOW) PGM(QGPL/SEUCOLOR) The second part of this routine would be the actual command and CPP you use within SEU to control your colors and attribute during edit mode. The command is CHGSEUCLR (Change SEU COLOR) and the CPP is CHGSEUCLC. To activate this changes (after you have added SEUCOLOR as your exit program), within Edit mode of SEU: 1. Press F21 (command line) - then prompt for CHGSEUCLR command. You simply select what color or attribute you want to use. 2. After you have pressed enter a *DTAARA will be created to store your preference. 3. Press F12 (to get rid of the command line). 4. Position your cursor at the beginning of the Text you want to change the attribute on. Press F7 (this will start the attribute and place the corresponding Hex-code in front of the text). 5. Position the cursor at the end of the Text, then press F8. This will place the stop code (x'20') at the cursor location. I have attached the codes in the zip file. If you wish to download the code. It is available in http://www.as400journal.com. Best Regards, Alex Nubla
    Code

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Display Colors in a 5250 Session **
      "it's stupid stuff like this that has the snot-nosed microsoft geeks laughing at us" Next time any MS-Geek laughs on you, you can laugh back on his "BSoD". iSeries is designed for a different breed of users. It is for people who need to do heavy number crunching for some serious "Business Intelligence". On a parts counter a million dollar customer can run away if does not get an answer because of "BSoD". It does not matter to him if the parts clerk is using a dumb green screen or an XP with 3D graphics. He will run away!!!

Comment

If you go to the client access mapping... On the keyboard map, select the key you wish to replace (ex. 'B') Now in the section in the bottom right (Change Current actions for Selected Keys) change the value in the text box for Alt to "apl 3a" (you do not need the quotes). Now in SEU, when you press Alt+B it will type the hex character for blue. The reason I prefer this method over copying from other source members is because it makes it simple to use multiple colors on a single line. Also, I have mapped my Alt+character keys to the first character of the color I wish to map, that way it is simple to remember. Any unusual hex codes I wish to use I just map a key on a case-by-case basis. Here's a list of the codes to use in conjunction with apl for your desired mapping effect: 20 Green 21 Green, reverse image 22 White 23 White, reverse image 24 Green, underscore 25 Green, underscore, reverse image 26 White, underscore 27 Nondisplay 28 Red 29 Red, reverse image 2A Red, high intensity 2B Red, high intensity, reverse image 2C Red, underscore 2D Red, underscore, reverse image 2E Red, underscore, blink 2F Nondisplay 30 Turquoise, column separator 31 Turquoise, column separator, reverse image 32 Yellow, column separator 33 White, reverse image, column separator 34 Turquoise, underscore, column separator 35 Turquoise, underscore, reverse image, column separator 36 Yellow, underscore, column separator 37 Nondisplay 38 Pink 39 Pink, reverse image 3A Blue 3B Blue, reverse image 3C Pink, underscore 3D Pink, underscore, reverse image 3E Blue, underscore 3F Nondisplay

Comment

Working...
        X