Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 74
How to fix problem of AS/400 Workstation locking up after pressing enter ? - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix problem of AS/400 Workstation locking up after pressing enter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix problem of AS/400 Workstation locking up after pressing enter ?

When a user presses "Enter" the AS/400 session locks up sporadically.
    The "X SYSTEM" appears on the status line like it is locked but WRKACTJOB doesn’t
    show any locks or even the program processing any files.
    I have done WRKACTJOB (on other session) to display the files & did F5 many times,
    over 5 minutes but still NO Changes.
    The only way to free it is by pressing "Shift & Esc", then return to the session.

We are on V5R1M0 using Client Access Express for Windows version 5.0 .
    Nothing is unique about the RPG program, and it is used about 100 time a day by 4 users.
    It appears like the AS/400 is sending to Client Access, but the screen is not changing.

Anyone have any suggestions ? (besides upgrading to a new AS/400 !)

I cannot duplicate the problem on demand.

At the worst I will put on the STRCPYSCN to see what the user is keying.

I am going to try :
    1. Recompile DSPF & RPG Program
    2. Reload Client Access

Thanks !!

It's hard to imagine being somewhat a ways back of what's considered contemporary or current at your OS level...That all of the latest PTF's and accumulative PTF packages haven't been applied.

But...You may want to start looking there first, since the good old OS isn't telling you much, or at least nothing appears to be amiss from the WRKACTJOB side of things. The problem may be entirely with the client-side install of Client-Access, or lacking PTF's on the eye-5 side that fix it...

Is upgrading the operating system out of the question...??? Not in the budget, nobody around to do it, or the system is under 24-7 demand even at 5:00pm on Friday...??? Good Luck just the same. :-)

Comment

Wishfull thinking !!

Upgrade not in budget this quarter !!

Thanks....

BTW, I recompiled the DSPF & RPG program last night.
      We'll see if anything happens today....
      Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Next Step

Well the screens hung up again, even after recompiles.
        The next step is to reload Client Access.

Comment

I've seen that symptom before. There was a bad Service Pack it seems that it would lock up from time to time maybe when a workstation messgage came in about the time the end user was keying. Try getting a newer Service Pack if the reload doesn't work! What Version and SP are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by ekandel46 View Post
            I've seen that symptom before. There was a bad Service Pack it seems that it would lock up from time to time maybe when a workstation messgage came in about the time the end user was keying. Try getting a newer Service Pack if the reload doesn't work! What Version and SP are you on?
            We are running R5V1 SP2

Comment

Working...
            X