Drive Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Mapping

try mapping the as400 IFS directory from another windows machine.If it works fine , then problem is ur this specific NT machine...

Drive Mapping

Santosh, Thanks for the reply. We have dozens of pc's (95 & 98, but this may be the only NT) that are mapped to the 400 in this fashion, so I would tend to agree that it is something with this pc......but what? It worked perfectly for three months! What could have become corrupt? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Drive Mapping

we have a lot of 95, 98 and NT machines here and all map a drive to as400 IFS. from ur Windows NT , do a find computer and try finding the as400 server by the ip address of as400. If the NT is succesful , it will find the as400 computer and show the shareble files of as400 IFS. see what happens...

Comment

Drive Mapping

Santosh, That is exactly what we are doing. The problem is that the NT box refuses to reconnect when you reboot. Once you have rebooted you can "find" the AS400 and map it again with no problem at all. But whe you reboot and it tries to remap the drive it gives an error that the computer cannot be found. The really frustrating part is that this worked for about 3-4 months without any problem. Thanks, Joe

Comment

Drive Mapping

Joe Wells wrote: > We have an NT box that is running Client Access Express and maps a > drive to our AS/400 with NetServer. This worked fine until about > 2 weeks ago. The NT box is no longer "remembering" the mapped drive > (actually, the mapping is saved, but cannot connect during logon.... > once logged on, we can map the drive). IBM says it is our network. > Our network folks say it is IBM! (sound familiar?) Has anyone ever > encountered this situation? Could something have become corrupt on > the NT box? Some ideas: Are the NT and AS/400 user profiles the same? Did the AS/400 user profile password change at the time it quit working? (I.E. cached password is wrong) Is there an LMHOSTS file in NT with a #PRE setting for Netserver like this: 192.168.0.1 qdilgard #PRE and you're signing on too quickly? My PC is W2K and I find, even with the W2K and AS/400 user profiles and passwords identical AND a #PRE entry in LMHOSTS as above, drive mapping may not take place during initial startup and sign on. If I sign on as soon as the W2K sign on screen appears, the drive mapping will not take place because it can't find qdilgard. If I leave the W2K sign on screen sit for about 30 seconds before signing on, then it works. It's as if even with the #PRE in the LMHOSTS it isn't really #PRE. -- Jeff Crosby Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 13369 Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369 260-422-7531 The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

Drive Mapping

Did you click the check box for it to remember your connection?

Comment

Drive Mapping

We have an NT box that is running Client Access Express and maps a drive to our AS/400 with NetServer. This worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. The NT box is no longer "remembering" the mapped drive (actually, the mapping is saved, but cannot connect during logon....once logged on, we can map the drive). IBM says it is our network. Our network folks say it is IBM! (sound familiar?) Has anyone ever encountered this situation? Could something have become corrupt on the NT box? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Drive Mapping

Chris, Yes. It remembers the mapping, but will not connect. This was working without ANY problems until two weeks ago. Joe

Comment

Working...
                X