X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending E-mail using SNDDST

TTBOMK, a directory entry must be made. Dave

Sending E-mail using SNDDST

Neal - I used the instructions found here http://www.bytware.com/Support/MPlus/egateway.html and am able to use the command SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET(somebody@somewhere.com) DSTD(DESCRIPTION) LONGMSG('Here is a message') SUBJECT('This is the subject') to send messages to any e-mail address (including neal.elam@mcpressonline.com :-) ) HTH, Steve

Comment

when sending a message via the SNDDST *LMSG I receive no message text body when using the LONGMSG parameter. However, when using the SNDDST *LMSG and entering text in the MSG parameter, I receive the message text body. Basically SNDDST *LMSG only works when the message text is enterd in the MSG parameter, not the LONGMSG parameter. I have reviewed the instruction given above but with no success. SNDDST *MSG works no problem, the gateway is setup for internet mail, and I can ping our local SMTP server by name, SMTPA are set etc... Any ideas???

Comment

Neal, If I understand you correctly, what you want to do is have any user be able to send e-mail from the AS/400, even if that user is not enrolled in the system directory. If so, here's some code that we use in my shop:

Comment

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly what I am trying to do - this looks like it should work for me. I will let you know how it works when I get a chance to get back to this project. Thanks, Neal

Comment

Is it possible to send e-mail from the AS400 without having the user set up in the system directory? I would like to have a commonly used program send a 'pre-formatted' e-mail automatically but the user must be enrolled in the directory. We are not concerned about identifying the 'sender' but want to avoid the "CPF9006 - User not enrolled in system distribution directory." P.S. We have hundreds of users. Thanks, Neal Elam

Comment

Working...
            X