Tracking Users by IP connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Users by IP connection

Joe, not sure how fancy you want to get with this. I would every 1/2 hour or so go out and do a NETSTAT to see what is going on, maybe from this you can find out who is who doing what by port. Would it just be TELNET traffic or other traffic as well.

Jack, Thanks for the reply. I have written a CA macro to do just that (netstat, filter, print, cpysplf, run parsing program, wait 15 minutes and run again....). This will give me the IP addresses that are hitting our system and will tell how they are coming in. I also need to know who they are. I am experimenting with exit points to trap this information. I was hoping for an api or apis that I could run to get everything at once, but it does not appear that such an animal exists! Thanks again, Joe

Comment

Through a Pentasafe product that I have I can capture traffic via exit points and RRM, I am sure you could do this with API's and journaling maybe.

Comment

We have two different IP addresses that are used to access our AS400. In the near future, one of these addresses will be going away. I need to log the users using the IP address that will be going away so that we can go ahead and switch them to the IP address that will remain. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I might add that one wrinkle I have is that a lot of these users come in through server jobs and it is not immediately apparent who the "real" user is...... Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions! Joe p.s. I have searched this forum and have experimented with OpsNav, but nothing has jumped out at me......maybe I am just overlooking it!

Comment

Jack, Thanks for the additional info. I wound up using a combination of methods. Among these was the QDCRDEVD API. Thanks, Joe

Comment

Working...
          X