Iseries access hanging on start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iseries access hanging on start up

Hi good people, I was wondering if any of you had experienced a similar problem. What I got is a bunch of users in different parts of the country, all using iseries access v5.5. They are connecting to a 400 running v5r2. Up until about 2 weeks ago everything was dandy, now users are trying to open a pc5250 workstation with iseries access, and nothing is happening. So they get impatient after a minute or 2 and next thing you know there are 3 or 4 instances of pcsws running in memory. But the workstations are never displayed. So finally they reboot, and they can open a workstation right up, no problem. You might be tempted to ask me what happened 2 weeks ago. The only difference is I changed my windows primary domain controller to a new server box. That is all. It's not DHCP related, because it's a mixed bag of dhcp users and static users. Any help would be most appreciated.

Iseries access hanging on start up

Crab, First thing I'd try when this happens is to run the Connection Verification option in Operations Navigator for this connection. Bill CrabSlabber wrote: > Hi good people, I was wondering if any of you had experienced a > similar problem. What I got is a bunch of users in different parts of > the country, all using iseries access v5.5. They are connecting to a > 400 running v5r2. Up until about 2 weeks ago everything was dandy, > now users are trying to open a pc5250 workstation with iseries > access, and nothing is happening. So they get impatient after a > minute or 2 and next thing you know there are 3 or 4 instances of > pcsws running in memory. But the workstations are never displayed. So > finally they reboot, and they can open a workstation right up, no > problem. > > You might be tempted to ask me what happened 2 weeks ago. The only > difference is I changed my windows primary domain controller to a new > server box. That is all. It's not DHCP related, because it's a mixed > bag of dhcp users and static users. Any help would be most > appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    X