No announcement yet.

VPN and CAE can not connect ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN and CAE can not connect ..........

Can you "ping" in to the IP address O.K.? Dave

Yes. I can even connect using other emulators.(Reflection) thanks Gary

Comment

Gary, It appears that the Windows login-in you used is not defined to the AS/400. By default, CAE uses your login-id and password to connect to the AS/400. If the login-id does not have a similar user-id in the AS/400, or if the passwords are different, the AS/400 will reject your connection request. You could simplify everything by defining a "Guest" user-id for the AS/400 NETSERVER, but due to security issues, I would not recommend this.

Comment

Thank you for your respond. Yes Winnows is using different user id and password, but when we log in to VPN and try to open CA Session we get prompted for a User ID and a password. Also I set up Operation Navigator properties to use default user id which exists on AS400. If I will add a guest user profile to NetServer and restart it - it will bring all of my users down untill it restarts ? Thanks again Gary

Comment

Gary, The AS/400 uses the Windows user-id and password for connection purposes, so you have to set it up in the AS/400. The second login to VPN serves other purposes. Oh yeah, please allow me to correct myself: CAE connection is independent of NetServer. The NetServer guest user profile is used only as default access for users accessing AS/400 folders. Regarding restart of NetServer, you only need to check if anyone has mapped a network drive to an AS/400 folder. Connected interactive sessions are not affected by restarting NetServer.

Comment

I will try to set up same user Id. But we do not realy care about the folders right now, so I do not realy nedd NetServer guest user profile. Thanks Gary

Comment

Still struggle.
              I do not think user Id and password have any thing to do with it. Other resources are proving my point, that it is a ports security issue.

Any other Ideas ????????????????????

see: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&threadm=ybaxa.21122%24b67.2467060%40read2.cgocable .net&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dsegal%2Bgroup:
              Thanks Gary

Comment

Gary, I agree. It has to be some kind of ports blocking (probably by your firewall). CAE uses a number of servers when communicating with an AS/400. Firewalls have to be configured to allow traffic through the ports used by these servers in order for CAE to work properly. The following ports are required (by default) for Telnet in CAE to function: 449 (port mapper), 8476 (sign-on server), 8470 (central server), and 23 (telnet). A different set of ports are required if you use SSL. Additional ports may be required depending on your requirements.

Comment

Hi. I have a problem connecting to AS400(V4R5) thru Win 2000 server and VPN(Velocireptor V.1100). We can connect to AS400 using windows telnet session or reflection using telnet. But we need to use CAE in order to use IBM ODBC drivers and CAE does not connect. We get bunch of messages: 1.PCSWS037 - keyboard error occurs when configuring new session(this message probably not related to VPN) Below is the only fix that I founded on the web: If Microsoft SMS is installed on a Windows system, you may receive a PCSWS037 keyboard error. The problem could be caused by the KBSTUFF5.SYS virtual keyboard driver. According to Microsoft Knowledge Database article Q269177, the solution is to rename the KBSTUFF5.SYS file to KBSTUFF5.OLD and reboot. This will prevent this driver from being loaded. But file "KBSTUFF5.SYS" – does not exists on this PC ??????????????????? 2. By trying to connect using CA emulator, I get the following message: CWBCO1049 - The server was contacted, but refused the connection request. 3. By using “Verify AS/400 Connection” option from Operations Navigation the following messages appears: Verifying connection to the system xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx…. CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Central Client, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Network File, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Network Print, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Data Access, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Data Queues, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Remote Command, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Security, returned 10060 CWBCO1008 – Unable to connect to server application Telnet, returned 10060 CWBCO1016 – Connection verify to system xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx failed I spent half a day browsing the web for the solution, but could not find any answers. Some people had the similar questions, but either did not get any responds or solved their problem without posting the solution. Any help well be greatly appreciated. Thank You Gary

Comment

To me it also sounds like a problem with the ports not being open. I have an Information APAR on the iSeries Access web site that explains what ports need to be opened. The number for it is II12227, and can be accessed at: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...ss/caiixe1.htm. Regarding the keyboard error when configuring, I'm wondering if maybe the NTFS file system is being used on the Windows 2000 server, and the user doesn't have access to the directory where the keyboard file is located. In the V5R1 version of Client Access Express, a control panel option was added to allow the user to store PC5250 user files in directories known to be writable by end users. This may be worth looking at. If you happen to also be running Terminal Services on that Windows 2000 server, and publishing applications through Citrix Metaframe, beware of some key mapping issues. Workarounds for these are documented in Information APAR II11373 (access through same web site as above).

Comment

Working...
                    X