Iseries access 5.5 and RunRmtCmd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iseries access 5.5 and RunRmtCmd

Shane, It's very likely that CWBRXD (the Incoming Remote Command service) was not installed when you installed iSeries Access for Windows. An easy way to check is to open the iSeries Access for Windows folder and run Selective Setup. Choose to add new components (the default) and make sure the path to your install image is correct. On the component selection screen look for the "Incoming Remote Command" option under the "Optional Components" tree. If it is un-checked, check it and proceed with the install. If it is checked the component should be installed on your system. Normally, it gets installed into the Windows or Winnt directory. In this case, you could try to remove the component in selective setup and then run selective setup again - this time, installing the component. If that doesn't work please let me know. I hope this helps! // Jeremy Bauer // iSeries Access Development // IBM Rochester, MN

This started when I updated my CAE to iseries access. I was using CWBRXD on the machine so that I could execute remote commands from the 400. Now that I have updated, CWBRXD is nowhere to be found. I've searched the iseries information site for information and have found nothing. Can anyone point me to an alternative. thanks, shane

Comment

thanks Jeremy! I would have thought it would have ungraded that component automatically, but I guess not. You've been a big help.

Comment

Working...
      X