Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Directory Entry Required for ODBC Access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directory Entry Required for ODBC Access?

I'm thinking the answer is YES. Try it both ways and see if it works. We use a single USRPRF for ODBC access.

Chris, I do not have the luxury of testing. There is no one here who knows ODBC programming. A team of non-AS/400-experienced developers are coming and will want to access our network of AS/400s using ODBC. This is a many-to-many type of configuration. I do not want to be blamed for delays caused by non-creation of directory entries, and yet, I do not want to give them such entries if it is not necessary.

Comment

Hi Ric, I believe it's required that you have *LOCAL relational database directory entry (WRKRDBDIRE), but I don't think it's a requirement of ODBC to have a directory entry for each user. Your Client Access connection may require one (depending on versions and options selected), but it may not. Give it a try with some test user profiles. HTH, Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian. At least I don't have to create so many directory entries. Too bad I still have to give one for each of them in every machine. By the way, these guys are not using Client Access. They never even heard of it before!

Comment

Can somebody tell me if a user-id must have a distribution directory entry to be able to access the AS/400 using ODBC?

Comment

Working...
          X