Copy Text Document from IFS to Network Public Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Text Document from IFS to Network Public Drive

MTBIKE9 wrote: > I was hoping to find a similiar command to copy to the Network Public > Folder. Then I could send a spool file to the Nework Folder to be > viewed across the Network (That way I would not have to map all PCs > to the IFS) I tried placing P:FINFLR in parameter TOFLR above, but > since P is the Public Nework Drive the command did not work. I guess > it is never that easy. Thanks for your help and have a great day. You definitely can with the QNTC support. Take a look at this article to see if it helps you out: http://mcpressonline.com/mc?50@157.i...8783@.6b16f47e Bill

I am doing this as well. I post a simple Calendar Schedule for everyone to see at my employer. Everyone does not have a mapped drive to the iSeries machine, but they do have access to a Windows-Based File Server. Reading the article you were pointed to previous to my post should help. In a nutshell it's a two step process; 1) You have to make sure your iSeries machine can 'see' the Windows File Server on the network. (Assuming there is some sort of physical connection, probably through TCPIP...) Taking advantage of this physical connection from the iSeries machine you execute the MKDIR command. I execute this command within our start of day program every time our iSeries is rebooted. For example, if your Windows File Server were called "FS1", you would do this; MKDIR DIR('QNTC/FS1') or you could do it by TCPIP address as well (That's a made up number) MKDIR DIR('QNTC/345.12.56.9') 2) Next you should be able to access any shared directories on that server. (check your security for them, or peruse using WRKLNK from the iSeries command line. Look for the QNTC directory and see how far down the path you can go with the '5' to display.) From a CL program you could execute the following command that would convert a DB2 file (in this case I am doing a 132 character flat file that I converted from a spool file.) to an ASCII file into a directory location on your file server FS1. Notice you are going from an iSeries Library/File format to a directory format in the QNTC system. CPYTOSTMF + FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/production.lib/schedflat.file+ /schedflat.mbr') + TOSTMF('/qntc/fs1/shared/daily schedules + /TodaySchedule.doc') + STMFOPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) Good Luck!

Comment

I am trying to take the Daily Production Schedule and place it in a Network Folder so it can be viewed by anyone/anywhere. I routinely copy Spool Files to a Phys. File then to an IFS Folder for Display and Email. Ex..CPYTOPCD FROMFILE(QGPL/UTL198P) TOFLR(EMAIL) + FROMMBR(*FIRST) TODOC(FINSCH.TXT) + REPLACE(*YES) TRNFMT(*TEXT) I was hoping to find a similiar command to copy to the Network Public Folder. Then I could send a spool file to the Nework Folder to be viewed across the Network (That way I would not have to map all PCs to the IFS) I tried placing P:FINFLR in parameter TOFLR above, but since P is the Public Nework Drive the command did not work. I guess it is never that easy. Thanks for your help and have a great day.
      Code

Comment

I think you are missing the point here. The Integrated File System itself is a Network Folder. There is no need to move anything.Just give access to it. It makes a fine free file server so you can scrap whatever else is doing that job for you at present and save yourself some money.

Comment

Working...
        X