connect two as400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connect two as400

Dale, About the only thing I could add would be to consider Frame Relay, or get a different ISP. Bill "dale janus" wrote in message news:5bfa53cb.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > I'm not sure if this is the right section, but here is my problem. > > I am running a small as400 in Ohio. I have a branch office in Texas. We used to be connected with a 5394 and 56k leased line. We went VPN with DSL on both ends. > > Guess what? Response time is worse, gets worse after 3pm when school lets out,(can get up to 30 seconds between screens) and both ends go down quite often. (usually not at the same time, thank goodness). > > Needless to say, our people in Houston are unhappy. > > We are considering their own as400, but we each need access to the other's files. We can probably stand a few minute delay between updates. Ideally, both computers would have all files, and changes to one would be automatically sent to the other. Texas would run on their box, and Ohio would run on their box. > > We are considering Lakeview technology MIMIX and/or OMNI. Lakeview feels OMNI might be all we need. > > Has anyone tried this, or have any suggestions? > > ---Dale

connect two as400

our ISP is local telco. I'm not sure a different one would help. I don't know if I can get DSL from other ISP. Have not investigated frame relay yet. ---Dale

Comment

connect two as400

Mimix is a good product. My last employer used it, and it worked nicely and their tech support was helpful. Our 3 machines, however, were all physically located in same room.

Comment

connect two as400

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but here is my problem. I am running a small as400 in Ohio. I have a branch office in Texas. We used to be connected with a 5394 and 56k leased line. We went VPN with DSL on both ends. Guess what? Response time is worse, gets worse after 3pm when school lets out,(can get up to 30 seconds between screens) and both ends go down quite often. (usually not at the same time, thank goodness). Needless to say, our people in Houston are unhappy. We are considering their own as400, but we each need access to the other's files. We can probably stand a few minute delay between updates. Ideally, both computers would have all files, and changes to one would be automatically sent to the other. Texas would run on their box, and Ohio would run on their box. We are considering Lakeview technology MIMIX and/or OMNI. Lakeview feels OMNI might be all we need. Has anyone tried this, or have any suggestions? ---Dale

Comment

connect two as400

Lakeview technology says I don't need mimix, just Omni. I will speak to their technican on Thursday and see what is involved.

Comment

Working...
          X