AS/400 ethernet card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 ethernet card

I was looking at my AS/400 Ethernet card (wrkcfgsts *lin) and noticed a couple of things that bothered me. 1. For both "Duplex" and "Current Duplex" it says *HALF. Can I change duplex to *FULL? Does it matter? 2. For "Line Speed" and "Current Line Speed" it says "100M" yet in a later display it says "10M" for "Link Speed." Should this Link Speed be a concern? TIA, chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

AS/400 ethernet card

Chuck, You can only go Full Duplex if the card is connected to a switch. If it connects to a hub, you'll have to stay at Half. Bill > I was looking at my AS/400 Ethernet card (wrkcfgsts *lin) and noticed a > couple of things that bothered me. > > 1. For both "Duplex" and "Current Duplex" it says *HALF. Can I change > duplex to *FULL? Does it matter?

Comment

AS/400 ethernet card

Actually I found out that it was half duplex because our LAN guy had to force the switch to half duplex in order for the AS/400 to communicate. So, what setting do I change for full duplex? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bill Robins" wrote in message news:28B60E9CE0E935A5F285BC75CC0AF82F@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... | Chuck, | | You can only go Full Duplex if the card is connected to a switch. If | it connects to a hub, you'll have to stay at Half. | | Bill | | > I was looking at my AS/400 Ethernet card (wrkcfgsts *lin) and | noticed a | > couple of things that bothered me. | > | > 1. For both "Duplex" and "Current Duplex" it says *HALF. Can I | change | > duplex to *FULL? Does it matter? | | |

Comment

AS/400 ethernet card

> Actually I found out that it was half duplex because our LAN guy had to > force the switch to half duplex in order for the AS/400 to communicate. > > So, what setting do I change for full duplex? WrkLinD. Put a 2 on the line description to change. The type is probably *ELan. Page down until the Duplex option is specified, use either *Auto or *Full. I don't remember if I had to specify *Full to get it to go, I'm thinking that *Auto wouldn't get it to go full duplex. Bill

Comment

Working...
        X