X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdaly@sddsystems.com
    replied
    LU 6.2 to TCP/IP Conversion

Monkey Boy, The TCPSEND api can be found in book QB3ANN03 OS/400 Sockets Programming. There are example RPG programs in the appendix. Regards, Tom

Leave a comment:

• B.Bardini
    Guest started a topic LU 6.2 to TCP/IP Conversion

LU 6.2 to TCP/IP Conversion

Currently, we have a point-to-point line through which we authorize our credit card mail-orders, real-time. This line is running under LU 6.2. Each order entry program drops the CC #, expiration date, amount, etc., into a data queue. Our "send" program reads the data queue, and sends the request to the credit card processor. All of this is running on our AS/400, and all of our code is RPG, except for called programs that appear to control the initiation of contact with the remote system, the send of data, and the receive of data. The called programs look to me like 'C' programs, or 'C' API's to actually do the send and receive, among other things. For example, when we got an auth request ready to send, our RPG program calls 'CMSEND'. I believe that these programs are part of CPI-C (Common Programming Interface Communications) Here's some text in the program describing these programs: "This application is similar to the SAA CPI-C Inquiry Program using CPI Communications Calls found in the APPC Programming V3R1 Reference Manual on the CD-ROM." Our credit card processor is asking us to switch to a TCP/IP protocol, because we’re the last customer using the LU 6.2. The hardware we will be using is an Ethernet card in our AS/400, connected to a router, which will be connected to our new point-to-point line. I've talked with another company that has switched their AS/400 to auth the credit cards real-time via the TCP/IP point-to-point line. Where we currently have a call to 'CMSEND', they have a call to 'TCPSEND'. This program is in library QZRDSAPI. I haven't had any luck in finding out about this library; is it a library of downloadable API'S? Also, in my research, I’ve read just enough about AnyNet to wonder if it would allow me to set up the new TCP/IP line, and point my CPI-C calls to the new line. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it. My e-mail address is BBardini@Bachrach.com. Thanks much.
Working...
X