Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using QNTC in IFS to attach to shares on WIN2000 server ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using QNTC in IFS to attach to shares on WIN2000 server ?

Can anyone tell me if this is possible ? If the guy from RJS Software has an opinion I'd like to hear it, but please don't tell me to check out your product or plug your product in your response. Thank you. We have a WIN2000 server on the network. We would like create a connection thru QNTC in the IFS to use the server DASD to archive AS/400 reports that have been copied to a physical file using CPYSPLF. We then use CPYTOIMPF to creat a stream file in the IFS. This works beautifully if we are creating it to a directory off /root in the IFS. We've have Netserver running and we believe we've configured it properly, but can't be sure. We're able to see the shared resource on the WIN2000 server. However, when I try to do CPYTOIMPF and specify that share it fails with a Code Page conversion error. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be ? I've read all about code page issues. Our system value, user profiles, etc. use 65535. Is this setup causing problems ? Is the Netserver configuration causing problems ?

Using QNTC in IFS to attach to shares on WIN2000 server ?

After using CPYTOIMPF you must use the CPY command to convert to ASCII. Interestingly enough, once you do this, the next time you use CPYTOIMPF (to an existing file with the *REPLACE option), the conversion to ASCII will be performed automatically. I don't see why IBM does not convert the first time, but there you are. Dave

Comment

Working...
    X