Faxing Spool Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faxing Spool Files

My faxing knowledge wrt the AS/400 is limited to Fax/400, and it wouldn't be able to do what you're wanting. You'd have to modify the programs (if you have the source code) to produce 10 different spool files, probably using OVRPRTF within the program to change the USRDTA attribute on the spool. A second program would read the information and perform the faxing.

Faxing Spool Files

Anatole, Our company uses Fax/401 from Cornerstone. I must say I don't know much about since it was in place when I was hired as director. However, it does one thing I really like: It just runs and runs and runs. It never gets my attention because it just plain works. From a management point of view, that's critical. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Anatole Tsypin" wrote in message news:5bfa9da1.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Currently, we are manually faxing our customer notifications from our AS/400, which are being printed as a multi page spool file. Each page has a different fax# that the notification goes to. If notification has 10 pages - thats 10 fax# you have to press. Its very time consuming. | | We're looking to automate this process and loooking for a Fax software that has capabilities to read the fax#'s on each page and fax it to the right location. | | Anybody know/use/recommend a product that can do this. | | Thank you.

Comment

Faxing Spool Files

We used to use KeyesFax when our volume was lower, www.ckeyes.com. It's the least expensive solution out there, in terms of software cost. You'll need to buy some comm controllers and modems, though, unless you just want to use the ECS modem.

Comment

Faxing Spool Files

We're currently using FastFax from Quadrant Software. It can accomplish single page faxes by reading the phone number from the page based on a defined template. It seems to be pretty reliable. Terry

Comment

Faxing Spool Files

Currently, we are manually faxing our customer notifications from our AS/400, which are being printed as a multi page spool file. Each page has a different fax# that the notification goes to. If notification has 10 pages - thats 10 fax# you have to press. Its very time consuming. We're looking to automate this process and loooking for a Fax software that has capabilities to read the fax#'s on each page and fax it to the right location. Anybody know/use/recommend a product that can do this. Thank you.

Comment

Faxing Spool Files

I have been using a product called Fax Star for eight years. It is not a perfect product, but it does a lot of things. Programming may be done directly from an HLL program, or from interactive screens. Distribution is a snap, and reliability is just about as good as you can get. You can even merge documents with logos, signatures, etc. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X