Accessing AS/400 from the WEB??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing AS/400 from the WEB??

Can someone guide me in the right direction with what the easiest way is to connect remote locations to the iSERIES? Each location has Internet Access so I was thinking maybe VPN but that got kind of expensive ($10,000 +) does anybody know a better (less expensive way) to acomplish this?? Thanks in advance for any responses... JR

Accessing AS/400 from the WEB??

What VPN are you looking at? We use Cisco routers that have VPN built in. If your AS/400 is currently on a LAN connected to the Internet the odds are good that VPN would be cheap. Cisco gives away the client software if you use their router. If you're not using a router with VPN you can setup a Win 2K machine to act as a router and Microsoft's NNTP (their VPN) is free with Win2K server. Also, the client software is BUILT IN to Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows 2000. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "JR" wrote in message news:5bfb5968.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Can someone guide me in the right direction with what the easiest way is to connect remote locations to the iSERIES? Each location has Internet Access so I was thinking maybe VPN but that got kind of expensive ($10,000 +) does anybody know a better (less expensive way) to acomplish this?? Thanks in advance for any responses... | | JR

Comment

Working...
    X