SMTP thru Exchange server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP thru Exchange server

Chuck, Looks like your new Exchange Server has been set to refuse mail-relay. More and more installations are implementing this to minimize exposure to abusive spammers. I suggest you talk to your LAN Administrator to enable mail-relay for email coming from your AS/400's IP address.

I've thought of that but I would expect that BCD's Catapult PDF server wouldn't work either. It uses mail relay. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Ricardo P. Ang" wrote in message news:5bfaa0ff.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Chuck, | | Looks like your new Exchange Server has been set to refuse mail-relay. More and more installations are implementing this to minimize exposure to abusive spammers. | | I suggest you talk to your LAN Administrator to enable mail-relay for email coming from your AS/400's IP address.

Comment

We had been successfully emailing through Exchange Server (v 5.5 running on NT) from our AS/400 without any problem. We are NOT using the AS/400 as a server, just as a client.) Recently we upgraded Exchange to Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000. In the process the Exchange server got a new IP address. Well, we changed the IP address of pointer in the AS/400 to point to the new server but no mail ever gets sent. We know at SMTP mail is being sent properly because our PDF server (BCD's Catapult) emails just fine through it. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Does the AS/400 need an account on Win 2K? What other ideas can I try? Thanks in advance. (Advice about switching to another email server will gracefully be ignored.) chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Chuck, Exchange Server can be configured to selectively accept mail-relay requests depending on the source IP address. It is still possible that your Exchange Server was configured to accept mail-relay from the PDF Server, but not from your AS/400.

Comment

Hey, that's news to me. I'll talk to our PC guys and see if they can open up mail relay for our AS/400 IP address. Thanks for your reply, I always learn something new in the newsgroups. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Ricardo P. Ang" wrote in message news:5bfaa0ff.2@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Chuck, | | Exchange Server can be configured to selectively accept mail-relay requests depending on the source IP address. | | It is still possible that your Exchange Server was configured to accept mail-relay from the PDF Server, but not from your AS/400.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest.Visitor View Post
            Chuck, Looks like your new Exchange Server has been set to refuse mail-relay. More and more installations are implementing this to minimize exposure to abusive spammers. I suggest you talk to your LAN Administrator to enable mail-relay for email coming from your AS/400's IP address.
            In my humble opinion exist only one really effective program which might work out this trouble. Because of I had similar issue and the tool effortlessly managed it. Second reason the tool has such resources as recovering Exchange mails from Outlook 2007 when it is possible and some others. What is more utility quite easy to use - how to recover mails from exchange db.

Comment

Working...
            X