Client for Microsoft Networks Logon Validation via Netserver Domain & XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client for Microsoft Networks Logon Validation via Netserver Domain & XP

For Windows NT/2000 to logon to AS/400 NetServer, you need the IBM Primary Logon Client software installed on the PC. Please see http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/primarylogon.htm Officially, Windows XP is not supported by this Client yet, but it might work. -Carl Pecinovsky

Carl, Thanks for your response, unfortunately I've tried that utility with XP and it doesn't work. Hopefully IBM will have a PTF for V5R1... Scott

Comment

I'm using my Netserver on a V5R1 270 to validate users as they login from their PC's (all Win98 SE) except 1 XP Professional PC. The Netserver simulates what a NT Domain server would normally do. The Windows userid and password are validated to the iSeries user profile. This is working great on the Win98 machines. We can not find any way for the XP unit to validate against the Netserver. We keep getting "Domain not available" as an error message when we try to log on. I've check Microsoft and Search400 for any tech note and can not find any solutions. Does anyone have XP working with the Netserver Domain service active? Thanks....

Comment

Scott, There may be a beta version of the PLC on XP for you to try. Please contact me at csky@us.ibm.com Thanks, -Carl

Comment

Working...
        X