Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have DB Server jobs in different SBS for IP Addr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have DB Server jobs in different SBS for IP Addr?

We have a situation where we want the database server jobs (QZDASOINIT) from a specific location to run in their own private subsystem and pool. A single AIX box will connect via ODBC over a single IP address, with multiple possible users. How can we direct the connection to server jobs in a different subsystem? At the moment, I'm thinking of registering an exit program for an exit point like QIBM_QZDA_INIT. The program would (somehow) determine if the request was from the AIX box, and possibly TFRBCHJOB to that subsystem. Does the TRFBCHJOB or other TFR* commands work on a server job? I vaguely remember seeing something like this, though I could be wrong. I've researched it all over IBM, comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc, MC, and even the Other mag site, but couldn't find anything except articles on redirecting Interactive jobs by user. How might I find out where the connection is coming from? QUSRJOBI API? Receive msg from the server's joblog?

Have DB Server jobs in different SBS for IP Addr?

It turns out this is possible. There's a Subsystem Configuration Experience Report in the InfoCenter, dated Feb 2004. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...k1abstract.htm It also has useful suggestions for controlling interactive session attributes -- subsystem, device name, inactive timeouts, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X