Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating File Shares from green screen console ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating File Shares from green screen console ?

You should not require the operations console to create a "share", but i-series navigator is required. If you have an earlier release of OS/400, you can use "operations navigator" that comes with Client Access. Dave

iSeries Navigator can access a 170 with no problems so you need to figure out why you can't get connected. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

I have an AS/400 9406/170 on V5R2M0 The NetServer is running & I can access the 400 from Windows Network Neighborhood where I can see QIBM & QDIRSRV (I assume these are default shares). I have no problems navigating around these directories & opening files etc. The documentation for NetServer explains how to add shares using Iseries Navigator, however I cannot access the 400 using Iseries Navigator via TCP/IP (apparently not supported on the 170) and I don't have a Operations Console cable for direct connection, so I need to be able to create file shares on the 400 using the green screen console. Is this possible ? IS so, how ?

Comment

You can do it greenscreen by calling QZLSADFS, a NetServer API, but it's messy. I got this from Registered KnowledgeBase document 11643119, "AS/400 NetServer API Mini-Guide": CALL QZLSADFS PARM(ROOT '/' x'00000001' x'00000000' 'Root File System Share' x'00000002' x'ffffffff' x'00000000') ROOT - share name '/' - path name x'00000001' - length of path name x'00000000' - CCSID encoding of path name (0 indicates same as job) 'Root File System Share' - text description x'00000002' - permissions (2 indicates r/w) x'ffffffff' - maximum users (-1 indicates no max) x'00000000' - used in lieu of error code structure

Comment

Working...
        X