X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telnet and SSL

It is possible that your firewall is stopping port 992. Dave

Telnet and SSL

We are using telnet from our pcs to access our 400 on our internal network. This works well, and we are using port 23. I want to set up port forwarding on our router so all telnet requests coming from the outside world are redirected to our 400. I know how to do this, but I do not want outside incoming traffic to go through port 23. I want to use the SSL port of 992, but my telnet clients (internal network) cannot access the 400 on port 992, only port 23. When I go to Work with Service Table Entries I see the telnet port 23 AND the ssl telnet port 992. Shouldnt we be able to telnet in on 992?

Comment

Telnet and SSL

I dont think so - since attempting to use port 992 from within the internal network fails as well. I dont think I have ssl set up on our 400 nor do I have the required components to do so. The telnet software we use is Mochasoft TN5250 and on thier web page is a nice "how to" list for this: http://www.mochasoft.dk/ssl.html It illustrates for people like me who don't understand all the components required to set up ssl. Its also not specific to mocha but can be used for any other software you use as well. We tend to use that because its cheap and has a small footprint.

Comment

Working...
      X