X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dacust
    replied
    FTP on iSeries thru a Dial-up connection

I can't give you all the details, but you should be able to use your existing hardware and phone line setup for dial-up. The default for the ECS setup (and I bet it has not been changed) is QESLIN *LIN and QESCTL *CTL. You'll need to create a new controller with the correct phone number and other parameters for your new setup, but have it hung off the same QESLIN. Then, you vary off the QESCTL and vary on your new controller to connect. Of course, then you need to reverse it back to make it available to ECS again. Next option is to get another modem and phone line dedicated for your new application and create it's own line and controller. It's been a long time since I fooled with this kind of stuff, so I may have you varying off the wrong thing, and I'm not sure which CRTCTLxxx (crtctlhost?) command to use, but the above is basically right. It should get you pointed in the right direction. (And there's nothing like an inaccurate post to bring the experts out of the woodwork. -dan

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic FTP on iSeries thru a Dial-up connection

FTP on iSeries thru a Dial-up connection

We need to get a rather small but sensitive file from our iSeries (V5R2) to a pc outside our network. The engineers from both our organization & the partner's organization have considered LOTS of other alternatives, but the only transfer method that is mutually acceptable to both sides is this: FTP from the iSeries via dial-up to the business partner's pc. (The pc will be a standalone unit not connected to his network.) Once we get this up & running, we'll need to send a fresh copy of the file at least once a week, possibly more frequently. We know that our iSeries connects with IBM if we have a hardware problem, by dialing out on it's own. Does anybody know if the way they do that would work in our situation? And if so, can you tell me how they do it? We've looked in the iSeries Information Center, but are not really sure what we should be searching for. Any recommendations? We can't consider any methods that don't involve a dial-up connection. Thanks !
Working...
X