FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

Are you sure you are sure the file you are trying to put into the save file is a savf. If it is then the order of the ftp is: Ftp iseries user password namefmt 1 bin put file1.sav qgpl/savf quit

FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

It sounds to me like you are trying to FTP a file from a PC to the 400 that is not a SAVF. If the file is not a SAVF type object, you cannot FTP it to SAVF.

Comment

FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

Thanks to you both. The file I was sent was not a save file. I had the vendor resend it in the correct format and everything worked fine. I appreciate the help. Pat

Comment

FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

HI- I have searched the archives for an answer to this problem and have tried all the suggested solutions. However none of them work! Here is my problem - I am trying to use FTP to bring a file into a SAVF on my AS400. When I attempt this, I get a 426-Cannot write to member error after receiving about 1/4 of the file. I have created the savf on the AS400 and it doesn't work. I have created the savf in the PUT statement and it doesn't work. I have cleared the savf first and it does not work. I am using BIN to be sure it is being received in the correct mode. I can FTP this file to a physical file just not a savf. All authority is correct and the library list is fine. There is something I am missing and I just don't know what it is. I wold appreciate any help and ideas. Thanks in advance, Pat

Comment

Working...
        X