CPYTOIMPF question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYTOIMPF question

Trailing sign byte? But you said blanks, plural. Leading blanks from subsequent character fields?

CPYTOIMPF question

I have a program that uses the CPYTOIMPF Command. The command works okay. The problem is when I look at the text file generated it has blanks after the numeric fields. I've tried using *stdascii and *pcascii and have the same results. The copy command I'm using is: CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(PBPWO5M01) TOSTMF('/gkerner/pbpwo5m01.txt') STMFCODPAG (*STDASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) Should I be using different options than the default? What is it that I'm missing or is this the way it works. TIA

Comment

CPYTOIMPF question

Doesn't look like it. For example the first field on the file is company number. This field is defined in the from file as a 3 s O field. In the to file it shows left justified with 2 blanks after. (our company numbers are actually less then 10). The fields that do have negative data were converted to have the negative sign as the leading character in the out put file (i.e -123 not 123-) I'm exporting this file to a 3rd party vendor who will process it. I just want to make sure it is a good comma delimited file and they can process it. I do not know what system they will be processing on.

Comment

Working...
      X