See iSeries Host Table Entry on Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See iSeries Host Table Entry on Network

Sounds like you need to set your DNS server on the 400 so it knows where to go for resolution. CHGTCPDMN INTNETADR('nnn.nnn.nnn') where nnn.nnn.nnn is the IP address of your W/2000 DNS server. Or CFGTCP and then take option 12. -dan

Daniel, I have done just that. Still can't see the iSeries from the network short of the direct IP address. Here's what I have. (The IP Address is intentionally changed): Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN) Type choices, press Enter. Host name . . . . . . . . . . . HOSTNAME 'S1028826' Domain name . . . . . . . . . . DMNNAME 'S1028826.HAPCO.COM' Domain search list . . . . . . . DMNSCHLIST *DFT Host name search priority . . . HOSTSCHPTY *REMOTE Domain name server: INTNETADR Internet address . . . . . . . 'nnn.nnn.nnnn' Additional Parameters Port . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PORT 53 Protocol . . . . . . . . . . . . PROTOCOL *UDP Initial domain name server . . . INLDMNSVR *FIRST Domain name server retry: DMNSVRRTY Number of retries . . . . . . 2 Time interval . . . . . . . . 2

Comment

I have my iSeries set up with IP addresses and host table entries. Pinging the host table entries from the iSeries always works, but from my Windows network, I can only ping the direct IP address. I have DNS and DHCP on a Windows 2000 server. I can ping any PC's name and the name will resolve to the IP address. How do I make the name resolution happen from the iSeries like the PC's do? Thanx!

Comment

Sorry, your first post had me confused. In that case, there's nothing you need to do to the 400. You probably need to add an entry to the DNS on the 2000 server. And, by the way, if your DNS on the 2000 server is working correctly, and you have the DNS entry on the 400, you don't need the host table entries on the 400. It'll resolve them from the 2000 server. -dan

Comment

Working...
        X