AS/400 connection to Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 connection to Internet

I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I have an iseries 810 which I need to get online with the internet. All we have in-house is a peer-to-peer network with each PC having a static IP address. I can FTP to the AS/400 from our in-house PC's and back. I can also FTP from the PC out to the net but I can not (and need to) FTP from the AS/400 to a vendor's site. How do I do that? As a side note our internet service is managed by AT&T and we are on a T1.5. The Thanks for the help David

AS/400 connection to Internet

davidnala wrote: > I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I have > an iseries 810 which I need to get online with the internet. All we > have in-house is a peer-to-peer network with each PC having a static > IP address. I can FTP to the AS/400 from our in-house PC's and back. > I can also FTP from the PC out to the net but I can not (and need to) > FTP from the AS/400 to a vendor's site. How do I do that? As a side > note our internet service is managed by AT&T and we are on a T1.5. David, I'm just guessing here, but you might need to tell the 400 that it has to go to another address first, before going "out to the internet". We have the following which tells the 400 that it has to go to our Router before going outside the subnet: Route Subnet Next Preferred Opt Destination Mask Hop Interface *DFTROUTE *NONE 200.100.0.144 *NONE This is found by doing Go CfgTCP at a command line and taking option 2 Work with TCP/IP Routes. Bill

Comment

Working...
    X