Writing a file to IFS - Qdls folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing a file to IFS - Qdls folder

Have you checked on the authority of the document within the folder? The document has its own authority. Dave

If you are using a mapped drive and trying to use windows to move a file into the IFS folder then you must be sure that your network user ID is the same as your Iseries user ID. You may need to make the passwords the same also.

Comment

QDLS is a weird beast. Even if you set the authorities with WRKAUT, CHGAUT, you still need to set the authorities through WRKFLR. Then I believe you need to be enrolled in WRKDIRE too. Does the program run ok if you specify a non-QDLS folder? Chris

Comment

Is the file name in the 8.3 format used by DOS? Is it under 2GB?

Comment

I had the same problem yesterday. I was trying to put a file into a subdirectory of QDLS. My path was QDLS/ALLYTFRS. It turned out that the QDLS folder was shared but ALLYTFRS was not. The problem went away after I created a file share for ALLYTFRS in the IFS. Something to double check...

Comment

You may also want to check/apply the following iSeries PTF's: V5R1M0-MF34450 V5R2M0-MF34337 V5R3M0-MF34428 Also check out: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...069ea5c&rs=110 According to this document, IBM references a 'File May Be in Use' but we saw other errors as well. Also despite what this particular article references, Windows XP, we actually experienced this from Windows 2000 PC's as well. Hope this helps. Mark

Comment

I am having trouble writing a file to a QDLS folder in the IFS system. V5m3 Iseries. When I try to move a file into the folder I get an invalid function - or invalid ms dos function. I have all the authorities correct. I actually have the folder *public *all, just to be able to write 1 file, but it won't let me. We are trying to get a payroll file from an outside system to our iseries. Any thoughts?

Comment

Make sure you are using the DOS naming convention - 8.3 ( the name of file is maximum 8 characters and extension is 3 characters long.)

Comment

Working...
                X